Many youth and teens drink alcohol as a way to try to fit in, to deal with stress, or in an attempt to show independence without recognizing the dangers it can place on their lives. Drinking impairs judgment and can lead to poor decisions about engaging in risky behaviors that put one’s self and others at risk.
Drinking impairs your judgment and can lead to poor decisions that result in risky behaviors that your life, along with other people’s lives, at risk.
I pledge to help lead the way in making West Baltimore a drug-free community by:
- Not using alcohol, marijuana, tobacco, e-cigarettes, inhalants and all other illegal drugs.
- Never using prescription drugs not prescribed to me or in a way that they were not prescribed to be used.
- Never using more over-the-counter medications than recommended or in a way other than what is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Showing my friends that a drug-free life is more rewarding.
- Telling my friends and others the truth about the harmful effects of drugs, including how they can destroy lives and negatively affect your ability to achieve your goals in life.